Monday, September 1, 2008

Post-Band Camp Romance

Dear Julia,

Imagine right now you hear your doorbell and so you go and open your door and there on your front steps is me. I'm on my knees and I'm begging your eternal forgiveness and I'm offering myself as sacrifice to you. Okay now wake up and realize that even though that's what I should do I'm really just writing you a letter listening to Stayin' alive rejoicing I'm FINALLY out of school

I thought about telling you the reason I didn't write but I was afraid of your wrath. Oh what the heck I might as well, you threatened me with the Hungarian mafia and, well, the truth is, I really wanted to see what the Hungarian mafia looked like. I haven't talked to you for so long I guess I have a lt to tell you. First on the list: This year sucked. Okay that was relatively painless. Second: this summer I won't be going to camp. My orchestra is going on tour so I'll be in New Zealand and Australia. I'm playing a concerto in the Sydney Opera house. (Pee in my pants.) My summer won't suck. And third on the list: My senior year of High School will be at Interlochen Academy. This is all well and good but my parents have made me independent and have stopped supplying the green. I get to pay all my expenses from now on (more pee in my pants). I really feel guilty for not writing, but I'd like you to know I kind of lost touch with reality and the only person I've talked to for a long time has been spank-ass (my flute).
I really really miss you and I hope you'll write me back.
Oh, and by the way, I've thought a lot about last summer and I've come to realize that the only thing I regret was breaking the whole thing with you off. I'm still in love with you.

Always,
Ethan

2 comments:

Lee said...

"Oh yeah, by the way. I'm still in love with you."

Holy Crap!!!

What a way to end a letter.

Now I have to know... what happened next between Julia & Ethan?

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Neat blog ! I have a copy of a victorian love letter, I just adore. I use copies of it in my work sometimes. Someone who had the original made several copies and discarded some. It caught my eye and I retreived it & took it home. It is written so beautifully, and is like nothing I have ever read. I don't know the ending to what happened with them either !